Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Green Favor Ideas, Part One

While I am by no means super earth-friendly, I do try to do my part. Recycling, composting and energy saving are all in my daily vocabulary. I think this way of thinking should carry over to weddings and events. Even if you don't want to have a totally eco-friendly event, there are subtle changes you can make.

Favors, favors, favors....this is such a much-discussed topic. And I will definitely be discussing it many more times in the future. Brides and grooms are always looking for a twist on the wedding favor. Gone are the days of a little, usually monogrammed, figurine that collects dust on the shelf.

Think about giving each guest a seedling they can plant at home. Green World Project has seedlings starting at just under $2, that can have a personalized message. They are packed in a bag or tube, complete with ribbon. Let your guests take something home that will really mean something in the years to come!

No comments: